Thursday, February 1, 2007

Still working...

I'm still working on my Elements project. I actually haven't made much progress this week, but I'm still excited about my ideas. I'm probably actually going to finish the animation project first, because I really enjoy making objects come to life on film. I can understand better ahead of time how my work will come out when I project it when I'm doing animation than I can when I'm just making "blobby blobs."

I really enjoyed making the magazine transfers last week, and I enjoyed even more seeing them projected this week. I'm also glad that I now know how to load and run a projector! The transfers were a little bit frustrating at first, because I wasn't sure how hard I could press and rub on the tape without messing it up. I realized by the end that I really couldn't mess it up, which took the pressure off and made it a lot more fun. I don't see myself using this technique on my Elements project, but I would definitely like to experiment with it more on my own in the future. I got some ideas from seeing what other people did in class that I would like to test out.

Right now, I am a little bit apprehensive about our stop motion animation project coming up this week. First of all, I am a little worried about the fact that half our group was absent this past week. Even if they do show up, they will not know what's going on and may not be much help with the project. Matt and I could end up doing most of the work ourselves, and I'm not sure we'll be able to get it all done in the time we have. I'm also not completely clear on how the project will be set up (the glass panes, etc) and how the camera will be positioned, so I don't know how to prepare for the activity. I brought back some toys from home that we could potentially use, but I guess I won't really be able to come up with any story ideas until I see the set up next Tuesday. In the meantime, I'll still be working on my Elements project!

1 comment:

Six X. One said...

Hey Meghann,

I'm glad you brought the animation setup. I'll try and remember to have the panes, boxes and light setup as an example at the beginning of class so everyone knows what to do.

Don't worry too much about the possibility of your group being small. Technically, this project could be done with two people just fine.