Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Paint Splash Movie



I found this video on YouTube and really liked it. The artist splattered paint on canvas, then tracked across it with a camera to create the image. I really like how this is a different technique than we've used in class, but it is still reminiscent of how we painted on film strips. I also really love the colors that the artist used, as bright colors are something I always try to incorporate into my work. The music also adds a nice touch. I first watched it with the computer muted accidentally, and I liked it, but I liked it a lot more the second time once I realized there was audio. The film is upbeat and chaotic, and I really enjoyed it. I like how, like painting on film, there really is no wrong way to make a project like this because anything you do will look unique. If I ever have the chance to get my hands on that much paint and canvas, I would like to try it myself!

1 comment:

Six X. One said...

Yeah, this looked like fun to make and you're right - there are some sections, especially, that look like the painted-on-film technique that we use.