Wednesday, February 28, 2007

New...inspiration???

I found this video first on MySpace, and it gave me some new ideas for what we could do with our animation footage:

It was almost too terrible to post on here, but at the same time too funny not to. While the concept of the video is a bit ridiculous, the animation is really good. I love how the filmmaker even played with rack focus in one part of the video. I never thought of making a music video out of our footage, and while I don't want to do that, it showed me a new option for this type of animation.

I was so excited to watch our stop animation footage yesterday! I was really happy with how ours came out, and I am ready to hit the editing room. Most of our shots turned out exactly as I hoped, and I am glad we used multiple angles in our filming.

I was a bit disappointed with how our rayograms screened yesterday. I had fun making them, but was sad that most of the details that looked so cool on the actual filmstrip went by too fast to be recognizable on screen. I know this is something that could be changed in Final Cut though. My favorite part (I think it was everyone's favorite part, judging by the reactions) was when the film strip hovered over and spun around the bottom strip. That looked really cool.

I was pretty impressed with the 100-frame animation. While it did go by even faster than I thought it would, I was happy with how my animation came out, and I know I could slow that down in Final Cut as well. I'm glad that I'll finally be learning how to use Final Cut next week, as that has been dangling in front of me for about 3 years now. I want to take Intro to Editing next semester to learn even more, but I will be glad to have more than an abstract vision of what Final Cut really is.

More blogging to come...

1 comment:

Draegermeister said...

I am so glad you posted this. This was absolutely hilarious. Hollar.