Sunday, February 11, 2007

Stop Motion

I've been thinking back this week on my group's stop motion project last week, and I think we did a good job coming up with creative ideas and shots that will look good in the final edit. While I can't be sure until we get the footage back, I what we shot will edit together really well. We shot two different setups (Mouse Trap Apocalypse and mice under a neighborhood), so what I'm NOT sure of is how we'll integrate both setups into our edit. I guess we'll decide that based on how the footage comes back (i.e. some of the things we tried might have failed miserably, so we will easily decide to leave them out). Towards the end of the shoot, we were all tired and a little bit frustrated with the constraints of the technique and the tripod, so we attempted some different shots by propping the camera up on tables, chairs, and even our legs. These might look terrible, but I'm hoping they'll add a unique element to our shoot that maybe no other groups used. I also think our project will be unique because our Mouse Trap setup was multi-level but only on one plane. While I suppose it's still too early to say how successful we were, I feel that our shoot went really well, and I hope our footage will reflect our hard work and creativity!

No comments: