Sunday, February 18, 2007

Rayograms

I'm excited about this week's class and getting the instant gratification of hand processing. I enjoyed laying things on the film strip last week, and I really enjoyed seeing the images I created appear before my eyes.

I found this video on YouTube that is very similar to what we'll be doing:

I like what the filmmaker did in this film. The pattern of chains and headphone cords (what the summary says he used) looks really cool when it flies past. I think the filmmaker edited this video in Final Cut or some other program, because certain frames seem to hover in place for extended periods and the film changes colors, which I'm not sure is possible using the process we did in class. Some parts even look like the filmstrip was either double exposed or digitally superimposed. I didn't even think of using chains or headphones this week, but this video broadened my thought process for this week's project!

No comments: