Monday, January 22, 2007

Still Unsure...

I've hesitated to write anything here in the past week because I still didn't feel sure what I was supposed to write. Andre's email today helped, and I think I understand now the purpose of these entries. Anyway, last week's class felt like a review for me, because I have done some painting on film on my own in the past. I worked with Lexi Lefkowitz last semester on a film for the Vision '06 preshow at Cucalorus, and I had a blast learning this new filmmaking method. I loved seeing my drawings on screen, and I developed a whole new appreciation for experimental films. In the past, I was bored by filmmakers like Stan Brakhage. After painting on film for about 10 minutes, I had an entirely different perspective on the creation and viewing process.

I'm very excited about this class and the opportunity to learn six new filmmaking techniques that I have maybe never even been exposed to before. The more I learn about film, the more I enjoy seeing just how far the medium can go. I think this class will expand my horizons and creative abilities even more. I feel very comfortable in particular with this first project since I have done it before. Sarah and I have a pretty set plan for our earth, wind, fire, and water themes, but I know from experience that having a plan and executing that plan on the filmstrip are two different things. Hopefully everything will go well in class and we will be happy with our final product!

No comments: